Jaffna und die Halbinsel

What's JAFFNA Really Like? Is It Safe?​

I went to Jaffna in Sri Lanka to find out what it's really like and see if it's safe for tourists. I found great food, friendly people, and a tropical paradise! Watch as I take you from Colombo to Jaffna by train and then show you around the sights of Jaffna City and meet some locals too. I'll take you to the beautiful Nallur Kandaswamy Hindu temple, the markets of Jaffna, Jaffna Clock Tower, many local restaurants, and finish with sunset at Jaffna Fort. In the next vlog, we head to the coast and check out Jaffna's best beach. If you're going to Jaffna, I've uploaded a blog about the best restaurants and there's a handy tourist map of the region at the top of the post too https://blog.karlrock.com/my-favourit.... 00:00 On the train from Colombo to Jaffna 02:08 Welcome to Jaffna! 03:10 My first impressions of Jaffna 04:02 The food Jaffna is famous for 05:21 Hitting the city on a scooter 05:56 The beautiful Nallur Kandaswamy temple 07:47 Inside Jaffna city: markets galore! 09:30 Sunset at pretty Jaffna Fort 10:20 Is it safe to travel to Jaffna?

நல்லூர் கந்தசுவாமி கோவில் வல்லிபுர ஆழ்வார் கோயில் செல்வச் சன்னிதி முருகன் திருக்கோவில் யாழ்ப்பாணம்

SRI RJS, Jan 20, 2022

யாழ்ப்பாணம் - Jaffna

(Video ab ca. 00:25) வல்லிபுர ஆழ்வார் கோயில் - Vallipura Alwar Temple
(Video ab ca. 02:50) 10 Avatare Vishnus, siehe auch die folgenden Fotos
(Video ab ca. 05:10) செல்வச் சன்னிதி முருகன் திருக்கோவில் - Selva Sannithi Murugan Temple
(Video ab ca. 08:35) Selva Sannithi Temple, Baum, Babybettchen, Kinderwunsch soll sich der erfüllen
(Video ab ca. 13:55) überflutete Straße unweit vom Selva Sannithi Temple
(Video ab ca. 14:50) நல்லூர் கந்தசுவாமி கோவில் - Nallur Kandaswamy Temple
கோவில் - Kovil, Temple

jadr246.jpg

jadr247.jpg

jadr248.jpg

jadr249.jpg

jadr250.jpg

Fotos, MA*R*CO, 10/2019

Ein Rundgang durch das renovierte Fort in Jaffna. Das Fort wurde bereits 1618 durch die Portugiesen gebaut und die Besitzer wechselten stetig mit den Kolonialmächten. Von 1985 bis 1995 besetzten die Tamil Tiger die Festung und zerstörten nach dem Verlust an die Regierungstruppen wesentliche Merkmale der Festung. Ebenso nutzen zahlreiche Einheimische die Reste der Festung als Baumaterial ihr im Bürgerkrieg zerstörten Häuser.
Mit finanzieller Hilfe der Niederlande wurde die Festung wieder aufgebaut und ist sehr sehenswert.

Ein Besuch in Jaffna verbunden mit der Frage: Warum war ein Bürgerkrieg in Sri Lanka? Die beiden erklären das auch sehr gut und besuchten dafür geschichtsträchtige Ort, Sehenswürdigkeiten in Jaffna.

Luke Heater

In this video, I'll be taking you on a journey through our first day exploring the ancient city of Jaffna. Visiting the must-see sights of the Nallur Kandaswamy Kovil and the Ruins of King Sangiliyan’s Minister’s Residence, these are some of the top attractions you won’t want to miss out on when visiting the northern tip of Sri Lanka!

00:00 Intro
00:52 Starting the adventure in Jaffna!
02:32 First Impressions of Jaffna
03:31 Nallur Kandaswamy Kovil
05:03 Statue of King Sankili II
05:13 Ruins of King Sangiliyan’s Minister’s Residence
06:37 Dinner at Mangos 🤤
06:51 Wrap up of Day 1 in Jaffna!

Jaffna im April 2022

Jaffna ist wirklich anders und auf jeden Fall eine Reise wert.

• Jaffna Fort ( sehr schön zu sehen ist, dass das Fort aus Korallen gebaut wurde )
  • Besuch in der Library ( wir waren leider nicht drin )
  • Besuch in einer Werkstatt, wo Schrauben noch mit der Hand hergestellt werden ( 20 / Tag )
  • Besuch eines Hindu Tempels ( Nallur Kandaswami )

Die Aktion mit dem Hütchen, dass aufgestellt wurde damit sie in Ruhe ein Foto im Verkehr machen zu können, ist schon wirklich geil, aber so sind die Menschen. Sie freuen sich über Gäste und haben immer ein Lächeln auf den Lippen. Tolles Video ! (y)

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

நெடுந்தீவு கோட்டை | ஊர்முற்றம்

நெடுந்தீவு = Neduntheevu or Nedunthivu = Dutch name Delft
கோட்டை = Fort

Vanakkam Thainadu, 10.03.2022

Danke Marco.

Ich finde es toll, dass das Fort genau in dieser Form wieder hergestellt wird und wurde. Unglaublich eindrucksvoll.

SRI LANKA Police Shock Us By How They Treat Foreigners In Jaffna​

In this video we rent a scooter for the day and explore Jaffna for the day First stop we visit Jaffna Fort were we meet lots of locals and take plenty of selfies 😁 Second stop Nallur Kandaswamy Kovil is a significant Hindu temple, located in Nallur, Northern Province. Third stop is Jaffna Library Our final stop we went to the city center and explored the local markets. Where we rented our scooter from: Yaarl Hostel.

The Most CONTROVERSIAL City (Jaffna) In Sri Lanka​

On my first day in Jaffna i encountered in little incident with a riksha driver that wanted to over charge me for a mistake that he did and on top of that he took a higher price for this ride from the first place.

Oben